I am the first to admit that I ruined many brushes along the way for leaving them standing on water or solvent overnight. Most of the time, I simply forgot, but it is no excuse.
If you have painted for a while, you probably experienced the result of this – hair brushes tips get curvy and some bristles look like a witch’s broom, if you know what I mean.
For the newbies, here are a few tips that I picked up through the years:
1. It is easier to clean the brush if you first remove excessive paint with paper towel.
2. Use warm water only, because hot water will eventually ruin your brush making it fall apart.
3. Rub your brush with mild soap to work up a lather and wash it to remove the paint. Repeat this step until you see the water runs clear.
4. Press the bristles together to the original shape. This habit will help conserve your brush shape longer.
5. Place brushes up side down, hairs up, so they don’t bend while drying.
Happy painting!! 😀